Tuesday, July 7, 2009

An Angel Got His Wings...

My thoughts on Micheal Jackson.

Withouth MJ my childhood years wouldnt mean a thing. If there was one driving force behind growing up in the 90's, it was his music storming out of stereos everywhere. From moonwalks to shouting, every kid tried to imititate him. I still remember the day that I graduated from kindergarten. The entire class sang "We Are The World" to the parents and teachers watching. Since then, I dont think there was anything more permanent than the timeless king of pop. His acts as a humanitarian are what mean the most to me. As famous as he was, he was a very kind soul. It's like Elvis Presley once said, "What's fame and fortune, if you cant share it with your friends?" MJ shared his fortune with the world and helped those in need.

The ceremony was very touching. The media didnt tell the true story; those who were close to him did. They knew the real story about him. If there's anything more proper that could be said about his death it's, "Maybe now they will leave you alone."

I was at the DFW airport when I heard the news. All the tv screens were focused on the breaking news about Micheal Jackson's death. While on the Las Vegas strip, the video screen outside Planet Hollywood put his picture up in rememberance.

The world will never be the same without him. He is immortal. He is the king.

An angel got his wings,
And we'll hold our heads up knowing that he's fine.
We'd all be lucky to have a love like that in a lifetime

Here's to MJ:

No comments: