Saturday, May 30, 2009

FIESTA tiene un cachito de todo!

So a couple nights ago, the peeps (Monika, Robert, Robby Jr) and I went out to dinner and a tour of Fort Worth afterwards. Downtown is pretty incredible, btw. Earlier that day my sister mentioned that she wanted to make some enchiladas potosinas for dinner, so we made a stop at one of the local mexican grocery stores, called FIESTA. And just to make sure it was down right Mexican, outside it said, "salchichoneria, tortilleria, panaderia..." and whatever else you can add -ia to.

One of their signs had a typo that made me LMFAO!


Maxican...hahaha; Spelling FAIL.

Oh yeah and they sold a bunch of fresh herbs you normally find in a Mexicans backyard, such as maguey, aloe vera (savila), mint, kelite, and culantro??? idk that must've been another typo.

We went there to find little red corn tortillas and queso fresco to make the enchiladas. These arent your typical enchiladas,though. Theyre called enchiladas potosinas and the way you make them is by putting the queso inside the red tortilla, folding it like an enchilada but frying it a bit. Then you put sauted carrots, cabbage, and potatoes diced into little pieces on top, with a little bit of grated cheese.


They're supposed to look something like this.

Theyre mighty good. The first time I tried them was when I was 13 years old and my dad took us to Real de Catorce in San Luis Potosi, Mexico. We had them for a little stand on the street. They were super delicious. Since then that's been one of my favorite foods. I've tried to recreate them but its not the same. I actually had some last summer when I visited that same place in Mexico, and they were gooood. We're making some for dinner today. I hope theyre just as yummy!

1 comment:

monikalicious said...

you know u want some maxican cookies from lil mexico...lmao..u forgot to mention the maxican music and how u might get hurt by another customers pointy boots..thats a maxican cowboy for ya...hahahahaand u should go to mi doctor when u get sick...lmao...