Saturday, July 11, 2009

Set It Off Like Napalm

Friday was a random day. Just hrs before the show started, I decided that I wanted to go see Emarosa in Dallas.

They were headlining the Artery Foundation Across The Nation tour, that made a stop at The Door in Dallas. Due to a traffic jam outside of Fort Worth, I didnt get there until about 8:15pm. I See Stars was setting up their gear to start their set. They were a good band. The other opening bands I caught were In Fear and Faith, who did their own cover of "Gangster's Paradise" and Our Last Night, who I had seen before on the Saosin tour last December. Emarosa was nothing short of amazing. Jonny Craig's great presence on stage gave him command of the entire place. They opened with "Set It Off Like Napalm" and one of their closing songs was "The Past Should Stay Dead," that made the entire venue erupt. It was off the heezy. Emarosa's set that night was also recorded by the folks at Vimby.com so look for it there.


In Fear and Faith.


Our Last Night.


Emarosa guitarist: Jonas Ladekjaer


Emarosa bassist: Will Sowers


The epic, Jonny Craig.

I picked up a copy of Emarosa's latest, Relativity, at the merch table and had Jonny Craig personally sign it for my bfff Allyssa aka Ally Fresh aka Ally Allegory aka All Dayyy, lol. We go way back, and I know she's always wanted to see Jonny Craig, from his days with Dance Gavin Dance and now with his new band Emarosa, which is perhaps the best band on Rise Records. I know how much this means to her, and I ::heart:: her a lot, so I know it's gonna make her really, really happy.

Shake n Bake :]

1 comment:

AllyFresh. said...

although I'm super jealous that you got to be in the same building as J. Craig, i love you foreverrrrr for getting him to sign it for me. best surprise ever! it means the world to me :]. you know that<3
all dayyyy :]
and I'm glad you had fun. OLN, IFAF, and Emarosa are amazing, so I'm sure they ALL tore it up <3