Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Starts With One

There's a few things that I don't understand completely so I must ask questions.
Seriously, what is the point of religion? I know its a guide to morality, but what's the point of gathering or conforming to such central ideas? If you know me, you know I'm a good person for the most part, but have totally different beliefs, especially when it comes to faith and religion. That's not to say I don't believe in God, because I totally do. But this whole attachment to an institution that tells you to fear god or you will burn in hell isn't my thing. Some people go as far as to say that they have a "calling", or whatever, but how? I know the explanation for it, but where's the proof? I'm a lost soul, but there's still a chance of saving me. If you can provide proof and a reasonable and NOT irrational explanation, then consider me converted. Maybe.
The other thing is, why are people afraid of being informed? Like with politics, society, and religious beliefs. Are they afraid theyre gonna flake? There's nothing wrong in coming to a realization and learning you were wrong. At least you've come to your senses and become more in touch with the world and gotten rid of that ignorance you kept carrying in your pockets. I know some people that I talk to on a regular basis dont like it when I criticize music for being corporate or talk about politics and how much of a fail this capitalist system and goverment is. Most people just say they dont care. But they should, because that's the kind of attitude that enables capitalists to run the economy to the ground. So my question again, why don't people like to learn or be informed of the things that will make them uncomfortable?
It's the year 2009 and we live in America. It's not mandatory to walk in a straight line.

No comments: