Monday, April 13, 2009

How To Make The Best Of The Easter Weekend In 3 Easy Steps

1. Pick up a friend from the airport, grab some Mexican beer and rent a hotel room at the beach.

My friend Juan flew in from New Mexico this weekend, making the perfect time to runaway to the beach. Picked him up at 10am in Mcallen, and were on our way. We stopped in Port Isabel for some Wing Stop and some other necessities like a football, sand castle molds, and an ice chest to fill with Corona and Tecate. Mission accomplished.


"Oh hell yea, I wanna be a sea turtle!"


"My turn to be the seahorse now."


Tecate + limon y sal + SPI = FTW


Me and Juan relaxing under the sun clouds.


No Diving. Just Drinking.


Upon leaving or entering, always take a photo with the classic sign
.

2. Have a little bit of bbq and then head to a DGE show.

I got home Saturday afternoon, and just dropped my bags at the door and crashed on the couch. A few hours later I went to my brother's apt for a little bbq/celebration for my nephews b-day. After that was over, Juan and I headed over to Las Palmas Race Track in Mission to catch the Silverstein show. I was running late already but Silverstein and Bless The Fall were of more importance to me. When I got there, A Static Lullaby was on their last song, which happened to be their cover of "Toxic" by Britney Spears. Bless the Fall was totally awesome, and Silverstein was off the heezy fo sho. I don't think i've ever moshed, jumped and sang my lungs out this much at a show before. And get this, Juan was tying his shoe and the Silverstein drumstick fell right in front of him, so he picked it up, that lucky fck. This show was FTW, most def.


This kiddo was in town and I heart him.


BTF - FTW


Beau Bokan welcome to Mission, TX


Silverstein!


Danggg Shane, you're kinda like the mann.


3. Have a gathering of sorts with plenty of food and plenty of easter eggs.

Easter is always fun when you have lots of easter eggs and family and friends around. What's not fun though, is the mess left afterwards. We had a family get together at Memorial Park in Edinburg and cooked plenty of food. I'm not into bbq that much so I usually just have potato salad, rice and pico de gallo w/ tortilla chips.

Conditions for an Easter egg war were perfect. When you have sunny skies in the evening and boat loads of easter eggs, you know its gonna go down. The number one rule in easter egg warfare is to always have an adequate supply of easter eggs for your arsenal and never get caught off guard. Those are the worse. Sure enough, it got durrtayy. We all know mexicans always have put flour in their easter eggs to get someone good. No mames guey, there were cartons upon cartons of these nukes and everyone was covered in harina. That's not it though, after those finished, some personal battles broke out and they started loading their easter eggs with whatever food they could find. Beans, pico de gallo, rice, cake frosting, baby formula, and melted chocolate candies all found their way into egg shells. If you think thats hardcore, the matches escalated with real eggs! Whoah nelly! Hardcore egg fights broke out. Luckily I was not involved in any of that, so I was almost as clean as a button. Crazyyyy day.


Christian and J.T. on the offensive


Oh snap!

So this was my weekend folks. Relaxation at the beach, hardcoreness at a show, and feast and frenzy with family on Easter. It was totally good, how was yours?

2 comments:

brdaniel89 said...

sounds like fun, i can deff use a beach right nowww

btw going in the pool with shirts on FTL lol :)

MONIKA007 said...

omg i so wanted to go to the beach but i didnt wat to leave the kids behind, i think i just wanted to chill in a pool and talk long walks at the beach...sound like i am posting an dating add...lol any ways...U FORGOT TO POST OUR VEGAS CAKE..HELLOOO! BY THE WAY IT WAS SO YUMMY! IDK HOW MANY PIECES I HAD ....U R RIGHT THAT CAKE WAS ADDICTING LIKE A DRUG..LOL...THANKS FOR ROBBYS EASTER BASKET! I WILL POST SOME PICS SOON...THANKS FOR LETTING US STAY IN UR PENTHOUSE!LOL...I CANT WAIT FOR VEGAS BABY!!!!WOOOHOOOO!!!!