Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Bayside is a CULT

Ok so I have this wristband right, and it looks something like this:


Let the record show that I love this man. JS.

It's a Bayside wristband, and that there is the lead singer, Anthony Raneri. Cost me $5 at the Bayside show in Mcallen this past May. Regardless of the price, it's worth more to me than just five dollars. I wear it everyday to show who I am. I am juniorcult, and Bayside is my favorite band.

When people out in the streets see the word "CULT" on my wrist they automatically assume it's some sort of paganism, but it's not. Bayside is more than just a band. This CULT isn't about Satan, it's about our way of life. I mark this band as the one with the most influence in my life. I sincerely doubt anything will change that. While I was at one of the lowest points in my life, Bayside was there to get me through the toughest times. I'm greatful for that. They opened up my eyes for me to see what the world has to offer, which isn't much except for what you make of it yourself. There's a common misconception that Bayside is just this "emo" band and makes you want to slice your veins. Well that's bullshit. Listening to Bayside makes me happy everytime that I'm down. I'm sure it does the same for others too. You may think what I say is a lie and that I just did it to be different. Well youre wrong. It isn't a lie. In fact, it's the truth. But you're right. I did it to be different. I did it because I didnt want to be exactly like everyone else out there. I did it so that I could lead a more different,and honest life. And to this day, everything that the majority of the population worships makes me want to throw up. Music, culture, and society is just selling out by the minute and people are buying it. There's only one thing that's not, and it's Bayside. That man, Anthony Raneri, along with Nick Ghanbarian, Jack O'shea and Chris Guglielmo, do what other bands fail to do each time around: Make music that actually means something. And that folks, is what sets them apart, ahead and above any other musical entity. You may not see it on the Billboard charts or on MTV, but it's held dear in our hearts where only they can reach.

"I can understand why people would initially be concerned about it if they love our band and they understand what we're all about. Our music and lyrics are abrasive and they have a tendency to weed out the shit heads. Bayside is not and will never be casual listening. If you don't get it, you don't get it and that's all. If a 30 year old hardcore guys from Boston or a 20 year old Modest Mouse fan in Seattle or 15 year old teeny bopper from Dallas understands our band, like what we're doing and can relate to it in any way, then that's amazing. That's why I make music, so it can help people and give them something to believe in and smile about. I'm not an elitist. I don't want to alienate anyone and it's got nothing to do with money or popularity. You don't have to be a certain level of cool to listen to Bayside. i just want you to get it."

-Anthony Raneri of Bayside

I've noticed that I get along pretty well with people who like Bayside and constantly battle with those who don't. And it's not because I like Bayside. That has nothing to do with it actually. It's just something I've derived from my observations. Those people actually understand better, are smart, mature, good people, and have great personalities for the most part. We're all different, yet united only by one thing; the CULT.

Still think we're emo? Well guess what? We're on a first name basis here, bitch. Ant, Nick, Jack and Chris. That's what we call 'em, and that's how we roll.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

so i stumbled across this looking up bayside stuff on google,
and i just had to say that i agree one hundred percent.

and about the thing about getting along better with people who like bayside and butting heads with people who don't, i never thought about that, but it's so true.

kalikat88 said...

You kick ass :) I totally agree! everything you said especially about getting along better with people that like bayside is really true I never really thought about it like that but its true and you get it :D hooray for someone smart in the world :)

Anonymous said...

Saturday January 23rd, 2010

7:00 PM @ the School or Rock in South Hackensack, NJ

**Anthony Raneri (of BAYSIDE)**

with:
Vinnie Caruana (of I am the Avalanche & Movielife)
JT Woodruff (of Hawthorne Heights)

for tix and info: http://excessdb.com/

Anonymous said...

I feel you. I am exactly the same, I am different, not to be cool, but to be a better. People like you and me, we get life. Others don't. We are Bayside, and Bayside is a cult.

Unknown said...

will you marry me?

Unknown said...

DUDE, you rule! you hit it bang on, people who get what Bayside is all about just connect on a totally unique level! Bayside is one of the most influential bands in my life and it makes me happy every time I stumble upon another fan!(unfortunately for me that doesn't happen very often) anyways I just wanted to say I totally agree with you and have an awesome day! :)
BAYSIDE IS A CULT! cheers!